For this article, I wrote a script that will bring Dark Theme to Medium web.
First, we add the above snippet in Chrome and see if it is working.
- Open Chrome Dev Tool by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Ins or Right-click and select Inspect.
Open Dev Tools
- Click on the Sources Tab. You can see a list of options on the left like Page, Filesystem, Overrides, etc.
Switch to Sources Tab
- Click the » button and select Snippets.
Select Snippets Option
- Now click New snippet to add a snippet. Give a meaningful name to the snippet. I am giving mine darkTheme.
Add New Snippet
- Now copy the below code from the **gist and paste it in the editor. Now press Ctrl + S** to save the changes
Open any medium article and open the snippet by following the above steps.
Right-click on the snippet and select Run
Run the snippet
- Voila, Now you can read Medium articles with Dark Theme.
My article with and without Dark Theme
And there you have it, your Medium in Dark Theme. Currently, Chrome doesn't have an option to run the script automatically but I hope we get the option in the future. Thank you for reading, I hope you found this article helpful!
Thank you 🤘
To know more about me, visit ganeshkumarm.me